Come join us at Edinburgh Students' Association
We are looking for an exceptional individual, who shares our passion for the student experience, to join our Trustee Board and be part of exciting period of change here at the Students’ Association.
We believe that all students at Edinburgh should have the power to shape their own future and enjoy being part of a vibrant and cohesive student community where everyone is valued and respected.
We work tirelessly to ensure student voices are heard, valued and acted upon and that students are supported and encouraged to experience all university life has to offer.
We do this by:
· Working in close partnership with the University of Edinburgh and others
· Being welcoming, friendly and approachable
· Helping students when they need us. Offering outstanding professional support, whether it’s advice on finances, academic, social or health issues
· Encouraging the long-lasting friendships that come with being in a union, be that in a team, society or social space
· Giving students the opportunity to try something new and to push themselves to realise their potential
· Being the students’ voice and taking it to the university and beyond, to secure positive change on things that matter to them
· Delivering a range of services that let students enjoy Edinburgh student life to the full
The Role of the Board
The Trustee Board at the Students' Association has ultimate responsibility for ensuring good governance, and that the organisation has a clear purpose and strategy which it is fulfilling effectively. It is also responsible for the legal and financial health of the organisation, and sets future direction. As such, Trustees of Edinburgh University Students’ Association are collectively responsible for the legal and financial health of the organisation and for ensuring good governance.